Beauty is a hot topic these days, with makeup tutorials in their thousands out there on the web us girls can have a field day recreating makeup looks. To be really honest I personally am not very good at applying makeup and I tend to keep to a very basic look with just foundation, eye liner, bronzer and lip. Attempts at contouring made me look like a dirt track and smokey eye made me look like a panda so opting for a simple clean face is not only easy but necessary! Below you will find the makeup and beauty products that I use every day to achieve a simple makeup look.
1.Eyelash Curler - This helps me achieve a really curly lash and I find helps add volume I often gently heat the metal of the curler with a hairdryer then applying to really set the curl then adding mascara.
2. Laura Mercier Faux Lash Mascara. This is my go to mascara for a fuller eye. It is mascara that needs to be built but after two coats this stuff is incredible! Lots of people ask me when I wear it if I have falsies on so I guess it does what is says on the tin!
3. Rimmel Wake me up - This is a fairly cheap foundation and for the price it is really good, in fact I have tried a few others even high end brands like Mac and I still end up going back to this one. It has a great dewy look without look shiny and really adds a lovely glow to my face.
4. Bourjois Bronzing Powder - After years of trying bronzers I have finally found that ticks all the boxes. This adds a lovely gentle bronze to the cheek without looking, plus it is in the shape of a chocolate bar what more could you want?
5. Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat - This stuff is just magic, I have only just recently tried this and I wish I had jumped on the bandwagon sooner. This can be used as a concealer or highlighter and it is a great way to lift the face by using the light reflecting qualities in the liquid.
6. Real Techniques Brushes- I am sure you don't need telling about how amazing these brushes are, after watching several blog posts on these bad boys I had to try them for myself and they are perfect for creating a flawless clean look. I have the buffing brush, contour brush, and angled foundation brush and I am hoping to add more to my collection soon.
7. Laura Mercier makeup remover- As eye makeup removers go this one is up top with the most effective, this, although oil free dissolves tough mascara and eyeliner with ease it is something I use a lot and carry with me for those awkward dark marks left after a long day of makeup wear.
So there you have it here is my simple clean and fresher looking makeup look. Have you tried any of the above products? If not what are are your makeup go -to's leave me a comment with them below so I can check them out.
PS sorry for the blurry photo I took it on my phone.